The East-West Center Graduate Fellowship program is designed to promote cross-cultural understanding and collaboration between the United States and the people of Asia and the Pacific. Fellowships are awarded to graduate students from East Asia, Southeast Asia, South Asia, and the Pacific Islands who are enrolled in full-time graduate study at the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa (UHM). East-West Center graduate student fellows live together and interact with each other in both intellectual and social activities since the Center’s main goal is to foster a sense of Asia-Pacific community. Moreover, fellows are provided with opportunities to participate in special academic programs, field trips, cultural activities, and other events sponsored by the East-West Center. Fellows also have access to the resources of the University of Hawaii at Manoa, including its libraries, computer facilities, and recreation centers.
The East-West Center Fully-Funded Fellowship Program offers students the opportunity to gain enriching and exciting experience while studying in the United States. The EWC fellowship for international students includes full tuition and fees, books, housing in an East-West Center dormitory, and partial funding toward meals, health insurance, and incidental expenses. The EWC Past fellows have gone on to successful careers in academia, government, diplomacy, business, and other fields. The East-West Center Graduate Fellowship is an excellent opportunity for those interested in pursuing a career that involves engagement with Asia and the Pacific region.
The University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa (UHM) is is a public land-grant research university in Mānoa USA. Founded in 1907, UHM now offers over 200 degree programs to about 20,000 students from all 50 states and over 100 countries. In addition to its stellar academic reputation, UHM is also known for its vibrant campus life. Students can participate in over 300 student organizations, including sports clubs, Greek life, and cultural groups. With its perfect weather and beautiful environment, it’s no wonder that UHM is often named one of the most scenic campuses in the country. Whether you’re looking for academic excellence or a beautiful place to call home for four years, the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa is definitely worth considering. You Can Also Apply for Microsoft Research Fellowship Program 2023 (Fully Funded)
East-West Center Graduate Fellowship 2023 Details:
- Fellowship Host Country: USA
- Host University: University of Hawaii
- Course level: Masters, Ph.D. Degree
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligibility: Students from Asia, the Pacific & United States
- Application Deadline: December 1, 2022.
Available Study Fields
- Public Administration
- Pacific Island Studies
- Master of Law
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Business Administration
- Business Administration (Global MBA-Japan Track)
- Tropical Plant & Soil Science
- Ocean and Resources Engineering
List of Eligible Countries:
- Pacific Region: Australia, Marshall Islands, American Samoa, French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Guam, Kiribati, Nauru, New Zealand, New Caledonia, Northern Marianas, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Palau, Solomon Islands, Samoa, Tokelau, Tuvalu, Tonga, Vanuatu, Wallis & Futuna Islands
- United States
- South Asia: Pakistan, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Iran, India, Maldives, Afghanistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka
- Southeast Asia: Singapore, Burma, Thailand, Brunei, Cambodia, Laos, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Timor-Leste, Vietnam
- East Asia: Taiwan, China, North Korea, Hong Kong, Japan, Mongolia, Macau, South Korea, Russia,
Benefits of East-West Center Graduate Fellowship 2023:
Selected candidates for the University of Hawaii Graduate Fellowships 2023 will get the following benefits.
- Full Tuition Fee
- A monthly stipend to partially cover meals and other expenses
- Round Airfare Tickets
- Health Insurance Coverage
- Books and incidental expenses.
Eligibility Criteria for the East-West Center Graduate Fellowship 2023:
In order to apply for the Hawaii Graduate Fellowship 2023, you need to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Candidates must be national of one of the countries listed above.
- Must have an offer in a Masters Degree or Ph.D. Degree at the recognized university.
- Must hold an undergraduate degree or its equivalent with an excellent academic record.
- Two years of full-time professional work experience experience
- Have oral and written skills in the English Language.
- Age should be or less than 35 years—the age limit maybe 45 years for programs appropriate for senior officials and managers.
- Applicants must be in good mental & physical health.
The last date to apply for the University of Hawaii Graduate Degree Fellowship 2023 in the United States is 1 December 2022.
How to Apply For The East-West Center Graduate Fellowship 2023:
- Applicants who are not already enrolled as classified graduate students at the University of Hawai‘i Mānoa must apply by December 1 for the following fall semester.
- Applicants may submit their applications online using the University of Hawaii’s application portal.
- To ensure that your EWC application is processed on time, all supporting documentation for your UH admissions office and department applications must be completed.