The Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellows Program in the USA 2024 is an amazing opportunity for democracy activists, scholars, and journalists to come to Washington, DC and explore new ideas in a comparative context. This five-month fully funded fellowship 2024 offers fellows the opportunity to undertake individual research, share best practices with one another, and receive support and mentorship from democracy leaders in the United States. The program includes a wide range of activities, including seminars, workshops, conferences, site visits, and networking events. Fellows also have access to a wide range of resources, including libraries, online databases, and experts in their field. The Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellows Program is an incredible opportunity for anyone interested in promoting democracy around the world.
The Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellows Program aims to provide a unique international perspective on American democracy by bringing together young people from different cultures and backgrounds for an immersive experience in Washington D.C. The Fellows Program is named in honor of NED’s principal founders, former President Ronald Reagan and the late Congressman Dante Fascell (D-Fl). The program offers a five-month residency at the National Endowment for Democracy in Washington, D.C., where Fellows will have access to a wide range of resources and experts. Fellows will also have the opportunity to meet with U.S. government officials, think tanks, NGOs, and others working on democracy issues. The Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellows Program is an excellent opportunity for anyone interested in research on democracy or democratization.
The Ronald W. Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellowship is a fully funded international fellowship program 2024 that allows emerging leaders to work in the United States on democracy-building projects for up to five months. Fellowships are open to emerging leaders from all over the world who have a commitment to democratic values and are interested in improving strategies and techniques for building democracy abroad. The fellowship offers two tracks: one focused on practitioner fellowships, which will give participants the opportunity to improve their own skills and techniques for building democracy abroad; and another focused on scholarly fellowships, which will give scholars the chance to conduct original research, reflect on their experiences, engage with counterparts from around the world, conduct research and develop professional relationships within a global network of democracy advocates. You can also apply for Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program 2024 in Canada
Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellowship 2024 in the USA Details:
- Host Country: United States of America.
- Host Institution: National Endowment for Democracy (NED), in Washington, D.C.
- Area of Focus: Research on democracy in a particular country or region.
- Duration: 5 months.
- Open to All: Democracy activists, journalists, civil society leaders, and scholars from around the world.
- Deadline: October 31, 2023
Benefits of the Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellowship 2024:
- Each fellow will receive a monthly stipend.
- Fellows will be provided with health insurance
- Living expenses
- The roundtrip travel to and from Washington, DC is included.
- Fellows have access to a fully equipped office and a limited budget for long-distance phone calls and travel within the United States.
Eligibility Criteria of the Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellowship 2024:
If you would like to be part of this experience, you must meet the following requirements.
- You should be able to demonstrate proficiency in the English language.
- Applicants must propose a project addressing aspects of democracy that fall within the political, social, economic, legal, or cultural realms.
- Please note that you will have to be available for residency at the International Forum for Democratic Studies in Washington, DC, during the 5 month fellowship period.
Applicants for Practitioners Track should meet the following requirements
- If you wish to apply for this program, you must have practical experience in promoting democracy or human rights in your home country or in another country of interest.
- This category is intended for professionals who are in the middle of their careers.
Applicants for the scholarly fellows track should meet the following requirements.
- Applicants must hold a doctorate (PhD) qualification at the time of application
- It is necessary for applicants to have a record of publications in their field of expertise.
The application deadline to apply for the Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellows Program 2024 in the USA is October 31, 2023.
How to apply for the Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellowship 2024?
- The first step in applying for the Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellowship is to create an account through the ONLINE PORTAL.
- You can find detailed instructions on how to create an account, Click HERE.
After registering for an account, the application process requires you to provide the following information:
- Applicant information
- Letters of recommendation
- Resume/CV and Biography
- Applicants should submit a proposal for either a practitioner fellowship or a scholarly fellowship.
- Letters of recommendation
- Resume/CV and Biography
- All applications must be submitted in English.