The Mitacs Globalink Research Internship Program 2024 is an esteemed program that draws exceptional international students to Canada. The program is fiercely competitive, with applicants from Mitacs partner countries vying for a spot in this 12-week research program. During the program, interns have the opportunity to work on research projects in a variety of academic fields, all while under the guidance of experienced Canadian professors and faculty members. This immersive experience offers interns a unique chance to gain hands-on research experience, build valuable connections, and explore Canada’s diverse culture and natural beauty.
The Mitacs Globalink Research Internship is now available at more than 70 universities throughout Canada. This program offers research opportunities in a wide range of academic fields, including science, engineering, mathematics, humanities, and social sciences. This interdisciplinary approach allows interns to explore various areas of research and gain a broader perspective on their academic interests. With access to world-class facilities and experienced supervisors, interns are provided with a unique platform to enhance their research skills, expand their knowledge, and collaborate with peers from diverse backgrounds. The program is designed to promote international research collaborations and foster a global community of scholars.
Mitacs Globalink Research Interns not only benefit from academic and research experiences but also have opportunities for personal growth. Interns will have access to a range of learning opportunities that will help them develop their skills, and participate in cultural, social, and recreational activities. Selected students will receive a scholarship that covers their travel and living expenses, including accommodation and health insurance. This financial support ensures that interns can focus on their research and personal development, rather than worrying about finances. With access to these resources and experiences, interns can gain a comprehensive understanding of Canadian culture and the research landscape while also making lasting connections with peers and mentors from around the world. You can also apply for IST Scientific Internships in Austria 2024
Mitacs Research Internship 2024 in Canada Details:
- Internship Host Country: Canada
- Internship Duration: 12-Weeks
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: September 21, 2023
What are the Benefits of Matics Internship 2024 in Canada?
- The interns will have the opportunity to conduct their research with professors and universities across Canada.
- Interns will receive a stipend of up to $300 to cover student enrollment fees.
- Round-trip Airfare to Canada
- Transportation from a Canadian airport to their place of accommodation.
- Stipend for housing
- Health insurance
- Registration for industry-related events and professional development courses.
- A Globalink Research Certificate of Completion will be awarded.
Eligibility Criteria for Mitacs Globalink Research Internship 2024?
- The candidate must be a full-time undergraduate or undergraduate/master’s student from an accredited institution.
- The candidate must be a citizen of one of the Mitacs eligible countries.
- Australia, Brazil, China, Colombia, Germany, Hong Kong, Ukraine, India, Mexico, Taiwan, Tunisia, France, (UK) United Kingdom, and the United States.
- A minimum of 18 years of age is required of the candidate.
- As with Fall 2023, the applicant must have one or three remaining semesters.
- The candidate must be available to complete a 12-week internship in Canada.
Supporting Documents for the Mitacs Internship:
- Provide a CV
- Provide official transcript in English or French
- Personal Statement
- At least One reference letter
- A Valid Passport
- Research Experience
The application deadline to apply for the Mitacs internship program 2024 in Canada is September 21, 2023.
How to apply for the Mitacs Internship 2024?
- Applicants must submit their applications online via the Global student platform.
- Candidates would be required to apply for a minimum of three and a maximum of seven projects in at least three Canadian provinces.
- On the Globalink Student Platform, you will be required to create a personal user account.
- Avoid creating several profiles; your application may be incorrectly processed.
- You will be able to save your work and return it later to add additional information and any necessary documents.