The prestigious and competitive Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program in Canada is now accepting applications. The program is open for the very best postdoctoral applicants who are outstanding in their academic and research areas. The Banting fellowship in Canada provides funding for both national and international students around the world.
The Banting Program objective is to attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, develop their leadership qualities and prepare them to become research leaders of tomorrow. There are 70 annual fellowships awarded under the Vanier Banting fellowship program. The Banting fellowships are distributed equally across Canada’s three institutes: ( Natural Sciences & Engineering Research Council (NSERC), Canadian Institute of Health Research (CIHR), and the Social Sciences & Humanities Research Council (SSHRC).
The Banting postdoctoral fellowships for national and international students is a fully-funded program that will provide the recipients $70,000 per year for two years. Banting scholars are expected to make a significant contribution to the country’s economic, social, and research-based progress for the year 2023-24. You can also apply for Rotary Peace Fellowship Program 2024 (Fully Funded)
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships 2024 in Canada Details:
- Fellowship Host Country: Canada
- Offered By: Government of Canada
- No of Fellowships: 70 fellowships per annum
- Program Duration: 2 years
- Eligibility: National and International
- Deadline: 20 September 2023.
Benefits of the Banting Fellowships in Canada:
- Financial support: The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships offer financial support of $70,000 per year for two years, which is a significant amount for postdoctoral researchers. This funding can be used for research expenses, travel, and living expenses.
- Flexibility: Banting Fellows have the flexibility to conduct their research at any Canadian university or research institution of their choice. This allows them to work with leading researchers and access cutting-edge facilities and resources.
- Career development: The Banting Fellowships provide a unique opportunity for postdoctoral researchers to advance their careers by working on innovative research projects and developing new skills. The fellowship provides a supportive environment for postdoctoral researchers to publish research papers, collaborate with other researchers, and establish their independent research program.
- Networking opportunities: Banting Fellows have the opportunity to interact with other postdoctoral researchers from diverse backgrounds and disciplines. This provides a unique opportunity for networking, collaboration, and building long-lasting relationships.
- Recognition: The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships are highly competitive, and receiving the award is a significant accomplishment. Being awarded the fellowship provides recognition and prestige that can be leveraged for future career opportunities.
Eligibility Criteria of the Banting Fellowships 2024:
- Candidates must have obtained their PhD, PhD equivalent of a health professional degree.
- Candidates who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada can hold the fellowship only in Canadian institutes.
- Only those students are eligible who are nominated by the host institutions.
- Candidates must fulfill all other requirements for Banting Fellowships.
The application deadline to apply for the Banting postdoctoral fellowship 2024 in Canada is 20 September 2023 (20:00 EDT).
How to apply for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships 2024?
- You have to apply through a ResearchNet account.
- You should read the Selection committee guide before commencing your application.
- Identify an area of research
- identify participants
- Fulfillment of degree requirements forms
- Identify referees
- Enter degree information.
- Enter proposal information and supporting documents
- Research proposal
- Institutional letter of endorsement
- Supervisor’s statement.