The European Commission Peace Ambassador Scholarship 2022 is an initiative by One Young World, an organization that brings together young leaders from all over the world to work towards a more peaceful, inclusive, and sustainable world. The scholarship offers young leaders from developing countries the opportunity to be part of the next generation of global leaders while they are still in their formative years. The Peace Ambassador Scholarship is intended for young people aged 18-30 with a passion for peacebuilding, conflict resolution, and conflict prevention. It provides them with the opportunity to gain insight into EU structures and policies related to peacebuilding and conflict prevention.
The One Young World Peace Ambassador Scholarship 2022, which is offered in partnership with the European Commission, provides young people with better opportunities to build a more cohesive and peaceful society. During the scholarship, participants will be able to visit Manchester for the global forum for young leaders and take part in other activities organized by One Young World or partner organizations. Together with senior leaders, delegates will present and debate solutions to the world’s most pressing issues.
The European Commission Peace Ambassador Scholarship program 2022 will give recipients the opportunity to participate in the One Young World Summit 2022 which will bring together 2,000 young leaders across 190+ countries in Manchester for a global forum for young leaders on global issues. Students will gain a deeper understanding of the European Union and its institutions along with their role in promoting peace and fostering a respect for fundamental human rights. The scholarship recipients will join an alumni community of more than 200 Peace Ambassadors who have participated in the program since its inception in 2017. The Peace Ambassador Program Scholarship 2022 by One Young World will focus on the role of disinformation in fuelling hate speech, conflict, and violent extremism. You can also apply for Rhodes Scholarship Program 2023 at University of Oxford
European Commission Peace Ambassador Scholarship 2022 Details:
- Host Country: United Kingdom
- Host Organization: One Young World (OYW)
- Scholarship Coverage: Fully Funded
- OYW Summit Date: September 5 to 8, 2022
- Deadline: June 26, 2022
Benefits of European Commission Peace Ambassador Scholarship 2022:
- Hotel accommodations are provided
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner will be provided during the One Young World Summit.
- Membership of the One Young World Ambassador Community
- Various media profiling outlets
- Participants will be able to have their voices heard, enabling them to shape policies that affect their lives.
- This program will provide participants with a deeper understanding of the European Union and its institutions, as well as their role in promoting peace and respect for fundamental freedoms.
- Participants will have access to the OYW Summit that will take place from September 5 to 8, 2022, in Manchester, United Kingdom.
Eligibility Criteria for European Commission Peace Ambassador Scholarship 2022:
- Students must be between the ages of 18 and 30 as of September 5, 2022;
- Applicants must be actively engaged in the field of peacebuilding, conflict resolution, combating disinformation, or countering violent extremism;
- Applicants must be available from 4 to 8 September 2022 to participate in the program full-time.
- An applicant may be a national of a country considered as ‘developing or emerging’ according to the World Economic Outlook of the International Monetary Fund, as well as a country that has been affected by conflict.
Eligible countries of the European Commission Peace Ambassador Scholarship 2022:
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, China, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, Colombia, Comoros, Egypt, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Democractic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Croatia, Curacao, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Kazakhstan, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jamaica, Jordan, Kosovo, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao P.D.R., Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Nauru, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, North Macedonia, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Sint Maarten, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, State of Palestine, Sudan, Suriname, Syria, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
The application deadline to apply for the One Young World Peace Ambassador Scholarship 2022 is June 26, 2022.
How to Apply for the One Young World Peace Ambassador Scholarship 2022?
- All applications will be submitted online via the official website.
- Make sure that all relevant fields are filled out correctly.
- Provide all your detailed personal information, e.g., name, date of birth, phone, address, email, and Travel Information.
- Ensure that you answer all the questions carefully, as they play an important role in your selection.