The World Food Programme (WFP) is a leading humanitarian organization that works to eradicate hunger and malnutrition around the world. The WFP offers internships to young professionals and students who are passionate about making a positive impact on global food security. The WFP internships provide a unique opportunity to gain practical experience in fields such as logistics, communications, and nutrition, while also learning about the inner workings of a UN agency.
The WFP internships are highly competitive and offer a range of benefits, including mentorship from experienced professionals, exposure to a multicultural work environment, and the chance to contribute to life-saving initiatives. Interns also have the opportunity to work on innovative projects that address food security challenges and contribute to the sustainable development goals. The WFP values diversity and encourages applications from individuals of all backgrounds, including women and people with disabilities.
The World Food Programme (WFP) Internship Program is a unique paid opportunity for exceptional and motivated students worldwide. It offers a valuable experience for students from diverse fields to gain practical work experience while making significant contributions to the WFP’s mission. The duration of the paid internship program ranges from a minimum of two months to a maximum of eight months, providing ample time for interns to develop their skills and contribute to life-changing initiatives. You can also apply for UNHCR Internship Program 2023 (Apply Now)
Summary of WFP Internship Program 2023:
- Internship Host Country: Different WFP-associated countries.
- Host Organization: World Food Program
- Program Duration: 2 and 8 Months
- Who is Eligible? International students
- Deadline: Varies from Position to Position
What are the Benefits of the WFP Internship Program 2023:
- Financial Coverage: The interns will receive a monthly stipend of $1000 and reimbursement for travel expenses.
- Professional Experience: WFP internships provide an opportunity to gain professional experience in an international organization, allowing interns to develop skills and knowledge in their field of study.
- Exposure to Global Issues: Interns have the opportunity to work on projects and initiatives that address global issues such as hunger, malnutrition, and food insecurity, giving them a firsthand understanding of these critical issues.
- Networking Opportunities: Interns can build a professional network within the organization and connect with WFP staff and other interns from around the world.
- Cultural Immersion: The program provides an opportunity to experience different cultures, work with people from diverse backgrounds, and gain a global perspective.
- Career Development: The internship program can provide interns with valuable experience and skills that can enhance their career prospects.
- Personal Growth: The program offers a chance to develop personal skills such as communication, problem-solving, and teamwork.
- Impactful Work: Interns work on projects and initiatives that have a real impact on people’s lives, which can be a rewarding and fulfilling experience.
What is the Eligibility Criteria for the WFP Internship Program 2023:
- Applicants should be enrolled in a recognized university or have graduated within the past six months.
- Must have completed at least two years of study.
- Passionate individuals are preferred.
- Should be willing to take challenges.
- Must be a team player.
- Excellent English skills are essential.
- Knowledge of other UN languages would be an advantage.
- Dedicated to learning in the humanitarian sector and working towards the betterment of humanity.
WFP Internship Program 2023 Selection Criteria:
- Able to accept challenges.
- A good team player.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Knowledge of other United Nations languages would be advantageous.
- Proof of enrollment.
The application deadline to apply for the WFP Internship 2022 varies from position to position.
What are the steps to Apply for the WFP Internship Program 2023?
- Visit the WFP careers website: Go to the WFP careers website to browse available internship opportunities.
- Choose an Internship Opportunity: Choose an internship opportunity that aligns with your skills and interests. Be sure to read the job description carefully to understand the requirements, responsibilities, and application deadline.
- Prepare your application: Prepare your application documents, including a resume/CV, cover letter, and any other required documents such as transcripts, letters of recommendation, and writing samples.
- Submit your application: Submit your application through the WFP career website. Be sure to follow the instructions carefully and submit all required documents before the application deadline.
- Wait for a response: Wait for a response from WFP. If your application is successful, you will be contacted for an interview. If you are not selected, you may consider applying for other internship opportunities in the future.