Applications are being accepted for the Global Korea Scholarship 2022 in South Korea. Scholarships offered by the Global Korea Scholarship GKS-U 2022 are designed for international students to pursue undergraduate degrees at higher education institutions in South Korea. GKS undergraduate scholarships are intended to promote international education exchange between different countries and to strengthen the friendship between Korea and the participating countries.
The Global Korea Scholarship (GKS)2022 was previously known as the Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP). Currently, the Korean government offers 220 scholarships for international students from 150 different nations. Almost all South Korean universities are participating in the Global Korea Scholarship program.
South Korea is home to a world-class education system, a rich culture, and a breathtaking natural landscape. There are many reasons to come to Korea to study higher education, such as the government’s consistent support programs, the tremendous opportunities for employment, and the high quality of life in Korea. You can also Apply for ADB Japan Scholarship Program 2022
Global Korea Scholarships 2022 Details:
- Scholarship Host Country: South Korea
- Course Level: Bachelor’s & Associate Degree
- Total Number of scholarships: 220
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligibility: International students
- Deadline: Varies.
GKS South Korea Scholarship 2022 Participating Universities List:
Financial Benefits of the Global Korea Scholarship 2022:
- The GKS scholarship will cover the full cost of tuition.
- You will receive a free return flight ticket.
- You will receive 200,000 KRW as a settlement allowance.
- You will receive 900,000 KRW as a monthly allowance.
- Scholarship recipients will also receive one-year Korean language training.
- A fee waiver for university admissions.
- During the program, students will receive national health insurance.
- Monthly grants of 100,000 KRW will be provided to Korean proficiency students.
- A single degree completion grant of 100,000 KRW will be provided.
Eligibility Criteria for the Global Korea Scholarship 2022?
- Applicants must be nationals of a country that is a Global Korea Scholarship partner.
- Dual nationality or Korean citizenship are not eligible for GKS.
- Applicants must hold a High School Diploma or expect to graduate before February 28, 2022.
- GKS applicants must be under the age of 25.
- The GKS applicants must be in good health.
- The applicant must maintain his GPA in order to sustain the scholarship.
- Each country has a different application deadline, so candidates should check with the Korean embassy in their home country.
- GKS candidates need to check the official website for updates from eligible universities.
Supporting Documents for GKS Scholarship 2022:
- GKS-U Applicant Form
- Personal Statement
- Study Plan
- 2 letters of Recommendation
- GKS Applicant Agreement
- Personal Medical Assessment
- Proof of Citizenship
- Certificate of Graduation
- High school Grade Transcripts
- Proof of Age
- Proof of Overseas Korean
- Proof of Korean Citizenship Renunciation Document
- Awards and other certificates (Optional)
- Certificate of valid TOPIK score (Optional)
- Certificate of valid English Proficiency Test (Optional)
- Applicant’s Passport Copy (Optional)
How to Apply for the Global Korea Scholarships 2022?
Applicants have choices to apply in two types of institutions:
There are two choices: Embassy Track or University Track to apply for Global Korea Scholarships 2022.
- Embassies of the Republic of Korea (Embassy track)
- Korean Universities designated by NIIED (University Track)
Through Embassy Track, candidates must apply through their respective South Korean embassies.
- The embassy will nominate you as a GKS candidate and ask you to apply to some university; NIIED will receive the nomination. the final selection will be made by the NIIED.
- The University Track requires applicants to apply directly to the university. You will be nominated as a GKS candidate for 2022 by the university, which will send your nomination to NIIED.