Applications are invited to apply for the fully-funded Branco Weiss Fellowship- Society in Science. Branco Weis is a Unique Postdoc Fellowships Program 2020. The program is intended to support postdoctoral researchers after their Ph.D. and before the first faculty appointment. It provides young researchers with a free research platform to work on any subject they choose anyplace in the world, for up to five years.
The Branco Weiss program was launched and supported by Swiss entrepreneur Dr. Branco Weiss, who passed away in October of 2010. The program is at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich or ETH. The application deadline for the registration is 15th January 2020, please read the eligibility criteria carefully and apply yourselves.
The Branco Weiss Fellowship Provisions:
- The fellowship will be provided in two different installments or phases.
- The first two years of research is called The pioneer phase.
- The remaining three years are called The exploitation phase
- After the first phase, a review will be conducted, which will decide the project of the fellows and its authenticity onward with the level of productivity represented by one.
- Candidates are welcomed to take faculty positions during their exploitation phase; success at this moment will not result in the rejection of fellowship.
- Host: Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich
- Program: Branco Weiss Fellowship 2020
- Location: Zurich
- Program Duration: 5 years
- Applicable Candidates: Ph.D. holders (Researchers)
- Financial Support: CHF 100,000 per year
- Deadline: 15th January 2020
- A Branco Weiss Fellowship presents CHF 100,000 per year. It may be used to cover all dues and costs of the research program, including salary, equipment, travel, consumables, accommodation, personnel, etc.
- Those candidates who apply for high-level groundbreaking research will get financial support for up to 5 years.
The candidates must have the following specifications to be eligible for the fully funded Branco Weiss 2020 Fellowship in Switzerland
- Ph.D. holders until the deadline.
- Must have obtained your Ph.D. a maximum of five years before 15th January 2020.
- Not operate or kept any faculty position.
- Has your project departed from the mainstream of research in your corresponding discipline?
- Have a record of excellent scientific achievement.
- Show in the proposal of a will to engage in conversation on legit social, cultural, political, or economic issues across the country of your system.
- If you’ve applied before and got successful, you are not eligible to apply.
- If you’ve applied before but weren’t selected, you can try again.
- Essential reasons for delays in Ph.D. will be allowed if they are:
- Parental leave (max. 1 year per child)
- Unfitness to work because of critical illness or accident (in both cases, related documents will be asked for)
- The candidates should have the following documents prepared in a PDF file before applying for the program.
- Motivation Letter of (1 page or less)
- Your research proposal (4 pages or less)
- A CV (4 pages or less)
- Copies of 3 best publications (no doctoral thesis, no books, only individual book chapters)
- Application summary, which should present sufficient reasoning on why you consider yourself as a perfect candidate for the fellowship.
- All documents must be uploaded or submitted as PDF files (5 MBs or less)
- Branco Weiss Fellowship applications are open until 15th January 2020.
The closing (Last) date to apply for The Branco Weiss Fellowship program in Switzerland is 15th January 2020.