The UNHCR welcomes applications from talented, motivated, and passionate individuals from around the world who will add knowledge, innovative thinking, and different ideas to the organization’s capacity to serve the people of concern. The UNHCR Internship Program is one of the best internships for international applicants who are highly motivated, passionate, and skilled, and are eager to work in humanitarian organizations. During this international internship program, interns are not only part of the UNHCR Mission to serve humanity, but they are also exposed to an international working environment. This paid internship is designed to attract passionate individuals from around the globe so that they can contribute their innovative ideas and different thinking for the betterment of Mankind.
The UNHCR Internship Program provides an excellent opportunity for students and recent graduates to gain valuable experience in the field of international humanitarian aid. The program is open to individuals who are passionate about making a positive impact in the world and who possess excellent academic qualifications, communication skills, and the ability to work effectively in a team. Through the program, interns will have the opportunity to work alongside experienced professionals and gain hands-on experience in various areas of the organization’s operations, including advocacy, fundraising, program management, and communications.
The United Nations Refugee Agency (UNHCR) aims to save lives, protect rights, and build a better future for refugees, stateless persons, forcibly displaced persons, and community members displaced by war. This organization ensures that vulnerable individuals have access to essential social services as well as shelter and refuge from violence, wars, or natural disasters. Its headquarters are located in Geneva (Switzerland), but it has dedicated staff in 130 countries around the world. The organization has its main headquarters in Geneva (Switzerland), but it has dedicated staff and offices in more than 130 countries around the world. You can also apply for UNESCO Internship Program 2023 (Apply Now)
UNHCR Internship program 2023 Details:
- Host Organization: The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees Internship
- Locations: Geneva and Regional and Country offices
- Eligibility: International students
- Internship Duration: Two to Six Months
- Deadline: Varies
UNHCR Internship Program 2023 Benefits:
- Financial support: The program offers a competitive stipend to cover the cost of living during the internship period. This ensures that interns can fully focus on their work and get the most out of their experience without worrying about financial constraints.
- Practical experience: Interns will have the opportunity to work alongside experienced professionals and gain hands-on experience in various areas of the organization’s operations, including advocacy, fundraising, program management, and communications. This practical experience will help interns develop the skills and knowledge they need to pursue a career in the humanitarian sector.
- Professional development: The program offers a range of training sessions, workshops, and events that will enhance interns’ knowledge of the UNHCR’s mission and the humanitarian sector as a whole. Interns will also have access to mentors who can provide guidance and support as they navigate their careers.
- Cultural immersion: Interns will be exposed to different cultures, languages, and perspectives, which will broaden their understanding of the complex issues facing refugees and other displaced populations worldwide. This cultural immersion will help interns develop a more nuanced and empathetic approach to their work.
- Networking opportunities: Interns will have the opportunity to meet and work with professionals from a range of disciplines and backgrounds. This networking can be invaluable for building relationships and securing future employment opportunities.
Eligibility Criteria of the UNHCR Internship 2023:
- Applicants with immediate family members who work for the UNHCR are not eligible.
- All International students are eligible regardless of the country they hail from.
- Candidates must be enrolled in a graduate or undergraduate degree program through a university or higher education facility accredited by UNESCO.
- Students recently graduated are also eligible.
- Candidates should have completed two years of their undergraduate degree in a field relevant to the work of the organization or in a related area.
UNHCR Internship Deadline:
- The deadline for applying for an internship with UNHCR varies depending on the available opportunity.
What are the steps to Apply for the UNHCR Internship Program 2023?
- Check the eligibility criteria: Ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria, which includes being enrolled in a graduate or post-graduate degree program or having graduated within the past two years.
- Search for available internships: Visit the UNHCR’s career portal or their official website to search for available internships. You can filter the results based on your area of interest and location preference.
- Submit your application: Once you have found an internship that matches your interests and qualifications, submit your application online. You will need to create an account, fill in your personal details, and upload your resume, cover letter, and other supporting documents.
- Wait for a response: After submitting your application, you will receive an email acknowledging receipt of your application. If you are shortlisted, you will be contacted for an interview.
- Interview: If you are shortlisted, you will be invited for an interview, which may be conducted in person or online, depending on the location of the internship and your availability.
- Selection: The final selection will be made based on your qualifications, experience, and performance in the interview.