The TechGirls Exchange Program 2023 in the USA provides an opportunity for young women from the Middle East and Africa to engage in a cross-cultural exchange with their American peers. Participants will learn about U.S. society, culture, values, and technology while sharing their own knowledge and experiences. The TechGirls program is funded by the Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. Through educational and cultural exchanges that contribute to the development of peaceful relations between the people of the United States and those of other countries, the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) aims to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and those of other countries. The program is administered by Legacy International.
TechGirls provides access and opportunities to the next generation of women leaders to advance their skills and pursue their dreams through science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. The TechGirls program has trained and mentored 162 teenage girls in Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestinian Territories, Tunisia, and Yemen since 2012. During the program, participants will spend three weeks in the United States. During TechGirls, students participate in interactive technology and computer camps, work shadow at tech companies and participate in community service programs.
The TechGirls program includes skills-development workshops, interactions with America’s most innovative technologists, as well as 50 hours of study at a Tech Camp with our partner the Center for Enhancement in Engineering Diversity at Virginia Tech. Through the TechGirls program, participants are able to gain entry into technical fields and gain access to higher education, as well as participate in an immersion program rich in culture. The TechGirls have a multiplier effect – inspiring other women in their local community to pursue STEM careers. You can also apply for IREX Community Solutions Program in the USA 2023
TechGirls Leadership Program 2023 in the USA Details:
- Program Host Country: United States of America
- Funded By: The U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational & Cultural Affairs.
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Course Level: Undergraduate Students in all Fields.
- Duration of Leadership Program: 4 Weeks
Benefits of the TechGirls Program 2023 in the USA:
- The cost of air travel from home country to the United States.
- TechGirls Leadership Program will cover all accommodations costs as well.
- Each participant is provided with three meals per day.
- The program covers all local transportation costs.
- Participants have the opportunity to take part in legacy international cultural events.
- Participants are covered by an emergency health insurance program.
Eligibility Criteria TechGirls Program 2023 in the USA:
- In order to qualify, candidates must be citizens of one of the following countries: Sub-Saharan Africa, East Asia and Pacific, Middle East and North Africa, South and Central Asia, Western Hemisphere, Europe and Eurasia, and the USA.
- The candidate’s ages should be between 15 and 17 at the time of application.
- Students should have advanced skills and a desire to study technology, engineering, or mathematics during their study period.
- The candidate should be interested in pursuing higher education and a career in technology.
- Good command of the English language is required.
- Applicants should be mature, flexible, and open-minded.
- Candidates must be willing to attend at least one semester after returning to their home countries.
- Participants should be willing to complete a community service project in their home country after returning.
- No previous experience in the US or a recent trip is preferred.
Eligible Countries for the TechGirls Program 2023:
- Sub-Saharan Africa (AF) – South Africa, Cameroon, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, and Nigeria
- East Asia and Pacific (EAP) – Vietnam Cambodia, Fiji, Mongolia, Taiwan, and Indonesia
- The Middle East and North Africa (NEA) – Tunisia. Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestinian Territories, and Morocco
- South and Central Asia (SCA) – Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, and Pakistan
- Western Hemisphere (WHA) – Suriname, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Honduras, and Costa Rica
- Europe and Eurasia (EUR) – Turkey, Albania, Cyprus, Kosovo, Montenegro, and Greece
- United States of America
The application deadline to apply for the TechGirls Exchange Program 2023 in the USA is December 16 at 12:00 PM EST.
How to Apply for TechGirls Program 2023 in the USA?
- In order to begin the TechGirls 2023 application, you must register at the official website.