CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, is a world-renowned research organization based in Geneva, Switzerland. Every year, CERN offers a short-term internship program in 2023 for undergraduate and graduate students interested in pursuing a career in science or technology. These internships provide students with the opportunity to work on a variety of research projects related to the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) and other initiatives at CERN. As an intern at CERN, you will have the chance to work alongside some of the brightest minds in the field and contribute to the advancement of knowledge in the fields of physics and engineering. The program is highly competitive, with applicants coming from all over the world, so if you are interested in applying, it is important to begin the process well in advance and to put together a strong application.
Participants in the CERN short-term internship program 2023 have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge research projects alongside leading scientists and engineers. They also have access to CERN’s state-of-the-art research facilities, including the Large Hadron Collider (LHC), the world’s largest and most powerful particle accelerator. In addition to the technical and scientific work, interns also have the chance to participate in a variety of social and cultural activities organized by CERN, such as tours of the facility, workshops, and networking events.
The CERN short-term internship program 2023 is highly competitive, with thousands of applicants from around the world vying for a limited number of spots. In order to be considered for an internship, candidates must have completed at least two years of higher education and have a strong background in their field of study. Fluency in English is also required, as it is the primary language of communication at CERN. Overall, the CERN short-term internship program is an excellent opportunity for students and recent graduates to gain valuable experience and make connections in the world of research and science. You can also apply for OIST Internship Program 2023 in Japan (Paid Internship)
CERN Short Term Internship 2023 Details:
- Internship Host Country: Geneva, Switzerland
- Duration: Up to 6 months
- Financial Coverage: Funded
- Deadline: Open throughout the year
Financial Benefits of the CERN Short Term Internship 2023:
- The program covers multiple specializations in the fields of science and technology.
- The candidate will receive a monthly stipend of 1,516 Swiss Francs.
- Candidates will receive full coverage for medical expenditures, accidents, and disability during their stay in Geneva (France and Switzerland).
- At the end of the internship program, the trainees will receive their CERN Traineeship agreement.
Eligibility Criteria for the CERN Short Term Internship 2023 in Switzerland:
- The CERN applicant should be a full-time undergraduate student.
- It is required that the applicant be at least 18 years old at the time of application.
- Applicants who work at CERN must be an obligatory or recommended part of their studies.
- Applicants will return to their educational establishment after they have completed their stay at CERN.
- The applicant must be fluent in English and/or French languages.
Supporting Documents for CERN Short Term Internship 2023:
- A Good and Effective CV (in English or French).
- Reference letter from your current institution.
- Enrollment proof in an undergraduate program
You may apply at any time for CERN Short Term Internship 2023, there is no specific deadline for applications.
How to Apply for the CERN Short-Term Internship 2023 in Switzerland:
- Visit the CERN website and navigate to the internship page.
- Review the eligibility requirements to ensure that you meet the necessary criteria to apply.
- Look for the internship that best fits your interests and qualifications.
- Click on the internship to view the details and the application instructions.
- Follow the instructions to create an account and start the application process.
- Complete the online application form, including any required documents such as a resume, cover letter, and transcripts.
- Submit your application.