The British Council Scholarship Program is one of the largest scholarship platforms available to international students. For students around the world who wish to study in the UK on fully-funded scholarships, the UK government offers the British Council Scholarship Program through the British Council. There are many universities in the UK that do not require IELTS scores. Therefore, students can select bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degree programs without the requirement of IELTS.
Studying in the UK has many advantages, including the opportunity to study in top-ranked and prestigious universities not only in the UK but also in Europe. International students can benefit from the robust research environment in the UK. Graduates from undergraduate and graduate degree programs who are awarded the British Council Scholarship will have the opportunity to work in the UK for 2 years and gain work experience during that time.
Some universities in the UK offer fully-funded scholarships to international students who are not required to have an IELTS score. Thousands of degree programs are offered to international students each year, offering them the option to study in a wide range of academic fields. This article explains all the details about the different types of scholarships available in the United Kingdom.
British Council Scholarships Without IELTS Details:
- Scholarship Host Country: UK
- Organization: British Council
- Host Institute: Different Best Universities of UK
- Financial Assistance: Fully Funded/ Partially Funded
- Course Level: Bachelor, Master’s, Ph.D. Degree Programs.
The Best Way to Study in the UK Without IELTS:
The universities mentioned below are accepting applicants without IELTS who want to study in the UK. If the student has already completed their previous degree program in the English Language, the student can get an MOI certificate that states that the student studied in the English Language in the previous institute.
List of Universities Without IELTS:
The following is a list of UK universities that do not require IELTS:
- Audencia Nantes School of Management
- The University of Central Lancashire.
- The University of Greenwich.
- Robert Gordon University.
- The University of Bristol.
- Swansea University.
- The University of Plymouth.
- Aston University, Birmingham.
- Sheffield Hallam University.
- The University of Bolton.
- Northumbria University.
- Riga Technical University.
- Birmingham City University.
- The University of Basel.
- The University of Northampton.
- Portsmouth University.
- The University of Warwick.
- The University of Bolton.
- The University of Northampton.
- The University of Geneva.
- London Southbank University.
- London South-bank University.
British Council Scholarships:
The following scholarships are available from the British Council Scholarship Program:
1) British Chevening Scholarship:
The Chevening Scholarship Program offers Master’s Degree programs to international students who wish to pursue their education. The Chevening Scholarship Program is offered by over 100 top universities in the UK. The program will award more than 1500 scholarships to international students this year.
There are many expenses covered in this scholarship, such as tuition fees, accommodations, health insurance, UK visa fees, airfare tickets, and travel grants. To learn more about this wonderful opportunity to study in the UK, students can check the eligibility requirements.
You can find more information at: Chevening Scholarship Program in the UK
2) British Council Commonwealth Scholarship Program:
Commonwealth Scholarships are offered to international students who plan to study at top-ranked universities in the UK for their Masters and Ph.D. degrees. This scholarship program covers almost all academic disciplines.
The scholarship program 2022 in the UK is fully-funded and covers tuition fees, monthly expenses, a stipend, airfare, warm clothes, family allowance, and many other expenses.
You can find more information at: Commonwealth Masters Scholarships in the UK
3) British Council Great Scholarship:
The British Council offers the GREAT scholarship program in conjunction with the British Government. GREAT Scholarships are available to students from 18 eligible countries to study in a variety of academic fields. These scholarships are awarded to postgraduate degree programs. Scholarship recipients receive £10,000 to help them cover tuition costs.
You can find more information at: GREAT Scholarships for International Students
4) British Council Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships:
There are many Scottish universities that offer this Saltire scholarship. Students who receive this scholarship will be given the opportunity to study in Scotland’s best and top-ranked universities. This fully-funded scholarship covers the tuition for master’s degree programs.
You can find more information at: British Council Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships
5) British Council scholarships for women in STEM:
Female students who have completed their undergraduate degree in STEM will be able to study for their master’s degree on scholarship in the UK. This includes studying in the science, technology, engineering, and mathematics fields.
The scholarship is available at 19 top universities in the UK. The scholarship program is open to students from Vietnam, Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Cuba, Egypt, Jamaica, Mexico, Pakistan, Peru, Turkey, Ukraine, Venezuela, Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, Indonesia, the Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand. To learn more about eligibility criteria, please click the link below.
You can find more information at: British Council scholarships for women in STEM
Other Top International Scholarships 2023 in the UK:
- Queen Mary University DeepMind Scholarships in UK 2023 (Fully Funded)
- University of Bradford Scholarships 2023 in UK (Study in UK)
- UCL Global Masters Scholarship in UK 2023 (Study in UK)
- Swansea University International Scholarships 2023 (Study in UK)
- Gates Cambridge Scholarship in the UK 2023 (Fully Funded)
- University of Bristol Think Big Scholarships 2023 in the UK