The Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative (YSEALI) Professional Fellows Program is a prestigious exchange program that gives emerging leaders from Southeast Asia the opportunity to receive training and experience in the United States. Fellows participate in a six-week fellowship program at a host organization in the United States, where they gain first-hand experience in their field of interest. In addition, fellows have the opportunity to attend workshops and meet with American leaders in their field. The YSEALI Professional Fellows Program is an excellent way for young Southeast Asian leaders to develop their skills and network with professionals in the United States.
The YSEALI PFP Professional Fellows Program 2023 in the USA is a fully-funded exchange program sponsored by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. In the Young Southeast Asian Emerging Leaders Initiative Program, emerging leaders from Southeast Asia have a unique opportunity to spend five to six weeks in the United States, gaining professionally relevant fellowship experiences at non-profits, public sector organizations, or private sector companies. The program is intended to foster mutual understanding, develop Fellows’ leadership and professional skills, and develop partnerships between emerging leaders in Southeast Asia and the United States. The YSEALI PFP is organized into four core areas of focus: Civic Engagement, Economic Empowerment, Governance and Society, and Sustainable Development and the Environment. You can also apply for Harvard Academy Scholars 2023 in the USA (Funded)
YSEALI Exchange Program 2023 in the USA Details:
Host Country: United States of America (USA)
Sponsored by: US Department of State Bureau of Educational & Cultural Affairs
Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
Deadline: August 5, 2022.
Financial Benefits of the YSEALI Exchange Program USA 2023:
- The program includes international travel and living expenses.
- Fellows will receive assistance to obtain a J-1 visa from the American Councils.
- YESALI PFP will cover the visa costs, including travel to the interview.
- YESALI PFP will provide emerging health benefits to fellows.
- During the program, fellows will get a chance to learn US culture by staying with an American family, taking part in a cultural excursion, or staying with a short-term host family.
Eligibility Criteria of the YSEALI Exchange Program 2023 USA:
- You must be a citizen of the Southeast Asian nation and a resident of that country.
- A candidate needs to be an emerging leader.
- To be considered, you must have two years of professional experience and be currently employed.
- Professionals from any government, civil society, or private sector can apply.
- Your experience should be related to the selected themes.
- YSEALI applicants must be between 25 and 35 years old.
- It is necessary that you are proficient in reading and writing English.
- Citizens of the United States and permanent residents of the United States cannot apply.
- The application deadline to apply for the YSEALI Exchange Program 2023 in the USA is August 5, 2022.
- Check Hurford Youth Leadership Program 2023 in the USA (Fully Funded)
How to Apply for the YSEALI Exchange Program 2023 in the USA?
- Applicants must submit their applications through AIS Forms Portal.
- You will be asked at the beginning of the application process to rank the Institute themes in order of preference.
- Furthermore, you will be asked to indicate which of the two program cycles you are interested in participating in. Each program cycle’s dates will be provided in the application.
- On the last page of your online application, click “Submit” in order to submit your application. Your application will be considered incomplete if you do not press the Submit button. You will not be able to make any changes to your application after it has been submitted.
- You will not be able to make any changes to your application after it has been submitted.
- After your application is submitted successfully, you will receive a confirmation e-mail.