The Royal Commonwealth Society has announced the Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2023, providing an opportunity for young students worldwide to showcase their writing skills. As one of the oldest international writing contests, this program has been designed to encourage young students to participate in writing competitions and help them develop their creativity, writing skills, and confidence to express themselves through the power of words. By participating in such competitions, students can expand their horizons, gain global exposure, and enhance their overall development. The initiative aims to inspire students to think critically, be innovative, and become future leaders. With this competition, students will be able to showcase their talents and compete with peers from various countries while contributing to a positive impact on society.
The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2023 (QCEC) is not just a platform for talented writers but also an initiative to introduce young individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds, under-represented demographics, and remote communities to the joys of writing. By promoting literacy and writing skills, the QCEC contributes to the UN’s Sustainable Development Goal 4 of Quality Education across 60 countries and territories. The Society aims to expand its reach and impact by leveraging its digital literacy initiative to encourage more young people to develop their writing skills and boost academic attainment. With this competition, the QCEC aims to help students realize their potential, cultivate their creativity, and enhance their overall development. This program not only offers students a chance to showcase their writing skills but also helps them in their personal and academic growth, equipping them with the tools necessary to thrive in today’s world.
The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition invites young people from all over the Commonwealth to express their thoughts and ideas on themes that embody the Commonwealth’s values and principles. By participating in the competition, young writers develop crucial literacy skills while also fostering empathy and an open-minded worldview. Recent themes have centered around crucial issues like the environment, inclusion, youth leadership, and gender equality. Through their essays, young writers have demonstrated innovative ideas for positive change and challenged readers to consider new perspectives. By exploring these themes, young writers learn to think critically and creatively, becoming voices of change in their communities and beyond. The QCEC offers a unique opportunity for young people to express their voices and contribute to building a better world for all. You can also apply for Rotary Peace Fellowship Program 2024 (Fully Funded)
Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2023 Details:
- QCEC Host Country: UK
- Offered by: Royal Commonwealth Society
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 30 June 2023
Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition Awards:
- Winners of the Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition receive a range of prizes and opportunities.
- This includes a fully-funded one-week trip to London to participate in educational and cultural events.
- The trip provides a unique opportunity to experience the diverse culture of the UK and engage with other young writers from across the Commonwealth.
- In addition to the trip, winners receive Gold, Silver, or Bronze medals in their respective age categories, recognizing their outstanding work and talent.
- Every participant also receives a Certificate of Participation, acknowledging their contribution and commitment to developing their writing skills.
- These prizes not only recognize the excellence of young writers but also inspire them to continue honing their skills and pursue their passions with confidence and dedication.
Check IELTS Preparation Program 2023 (Free IELTS Resources)
Eligibility Criteria of the Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competiton 2023:
- Applicants must be citizens or residents of Commonwealth countries.
- For the Senior Category, participants must be born between July 1, 2004, and June 30, 2009.
- For the Junior Category, participants must be born on or after July 1, 2009.
- Citizens or residents of Ireland, Zimbabwe, and Hong Kong are also eligible to apply.
- The Royal Commonwealth Society branches of non-Commonwealth countries will handle the submissions of their competitors.
It’s important for applicants to carefully review the eligibility criteria to ensure that they meet all the requirements before submitting their entries.
Requirements of the QCEC 2023:
- Participants must choose a topic from the list of provided topics or create their own essay topic that is related to the theme of the competition.
- Entries must be written in English and must not exceed 1,500 words for the Senior Category and 750 words for the Junior Category.
- Entries must be submitted in Microsoft Word or PDF format through the official competition website.
- Participants must ensure that their entries are original, previously unpublished, and written entirely by them.
- Entries must be free of plagiarism, and participants must cite any sources used in their essays.
- Entries must follow the specified format and guidelines, including font size, line spacing, and margins.
- Participants must provide accurate and complete information, including their name, age, and country of residence.
- Entries must be submitted before the specified deadline.
QCEC 2023 Topics:
- As Head of the Commonwealth, His Majesty The King is opening an international conference on the importance of young people in decision-making. Write his speech.
- Does age matter?
- The 2023 Year of Youth was a moment of significant social change – what was its impact on the world?
- Script a dialogue between two people, with contrasting viewpoints, on an issue that divides generations.
- In fiction and throughout history, young people have performed numerous acts of heroism. Choose your favorite young hero and write to them about why you admire them.
- What is your youthful superpower, and how can it make a positive difference in the world?
- You have been stranded on a planet where everyone is 18 or under. Journal your experience.
- Why does your voice matter?
The application deadline to apply for the Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2023 is 30 June 2023.
Check UBC Fellowships in Canada 2023 (Funded)
How to Apply for Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition?
Applicants must complete the Online Application form in order to be considered for the Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition. Make sure that your essay adheres to the competition’s rules and guidelines before submitting it.