The prestigious and competitive Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program in Canada is now accepting applications. The program is open for the very best postdoctoral applicants who are outstanding in their academic and research areas. The Banting fellowship in Canada provides funding for both national and international students around the world.
The Banting Program objective is to attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, develop their leadership qualities and prepare them to become research leaders of tomorrow. There are 70 annual fellowships awarded under the Vanier Banting fellowship program. The Banting fellowships are distributed equally across Canada’s three institutes: ( Natural Sciences & Engineering Research Council (NSERC), Canadian Institute of Health Research (CIHR), and the Social Sciences & Humanities Research Council (SSHRC).
The Banting postdoctoral fellowships for national and international students is a fully-funded program that will provide the recipients $70,000 per year for two years. Banting scholars are expected to make a significant contribution to the country’s economic, social, and research-based progress for the year 2023. You can also apply for Rotary Peace Fellowship Program 2023-24 (Fully Funded)
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships 2023 in Canada Details:
- Fellowship Host Country: Canada
- Offered By: Government of Canada
- No of Fellowships: 70 fellowships per annum
- Program Duration: 2 years
- Eligibility: National and International
- Deadline: 22 September 2022.
Financial Benefits of the Banting Fellowships in Canada:
- The applicant will receive $70,000 CAD (paid annually).
- Supports 70 awardees annually.
Eligibility Criteria of the Banting Fellowships 2023:
- Candidates must have obtained their PhD, PhD equivalent of a health professional degree.
- Candidates who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada can hold the fellowship only in Canadian institutes.
- Only those students are eligible who are nominated by the host institutions.
- Candidates must fulfill all other requirements for Banting Fellowships.
The application deadline to apply for the Banting postdoctoral fellowship 2023 in Canada is 21 September 2022 (20:00 EDT).
How to apply for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships 2023?
- You have to apply through a ResearchNet account.
- You should read the Selection committee guide before commencing your application.
- Identify an area of research
- identify participants
- Fulfillment of degree requirements forms
- Identify referees
- Enter degree information.
- Enter proposal information and supporting documents
- Research proposal
- Institutional letter of endorsement
- Supervisor’s statement.